Software Testing and Quality Assurance: Social Network Mobile Application
Customer: Moslight - mobile app Development Company
Interaction Model: Fixed Price
Product Description: Social network app for iOS and Android mobile platforms. The purpose of the QA services for the project was to check the entire range of features and further stabilization of the overall product functionality for AppStore and Google Play submission. The app has a wide range of features required in modern social networks. A user starts from managing a friend-list and communication, and at the same time has a possibility to view the profiles of guests and recommended user.
- Quality assurance and regular expertise of the mobile app during the lifecycle of development.
- Stabilize the application after critical updates: optimizing graphics for retina- display under two iOS versions; new functionality of the own word lists sharing for studying with the option of landing on the server; new hint system and additional menu ;
- Adapt the application for Ipad (Retina), identify defects .
- Provide a high level of product quality for ranking improve in the AppStore and more users attraction.
In order to ensure cross-platform support for the app, the QA team used a bunch of devices from the own mobile devices park for testing. Development and testing activities were performed on two streams in parallel, that resulted releasing the product on IOS and Android met the deadline; As the information about the supported third-party services has been requested on the early stages that allowed to develop and test the integration with more than 7 third-party systems (payments, geolocation, other social networks).
In order to ensure product quality, QA team used a number of both free and paid tools: to provide necessary test environment, to prepare necessary preconditions, to collect diagnostic and statistics information about developed services while testing it;
Beta testing was conducted with the use of internal human resources of our company.
Tools and technologies
- iOS 6-7
- Android 2.3 – 4.4
- Forsquare api
- Aviary Photo Editor
- iOS Dev Center
- Android SDK
- Fiddler 4
- Eclipse Memory Analyzer 1.4.0
- Better Battery Stats 1.16