Russia's largest Online retailer
- Customer:One of the leading companies on web development market, Russia
- Model of interaction:
- Perform the full integration of dedicated testers to the project team with a remote management.
- Within 2 weeks perform the most efficient implementation of testers to the current activity on the project.
- Ensure independent quality control of a particular subsystem of the program platform for Russian and English versions of the application.
GUI and usability testing
Adoption and update of test documentation (test cases, checklists, procedures)
- High-Loaded online retailer with the traffic of 15,000 unique visitors per day.
- An extensive catalog, which presents more than 17,000 products with the implementation of internal search (including voice), advanced filtering and integration to external directories (for example, of Yandex.Market).
- Integration with social networks such as Facebook, VKontakte, Twitter, Google+, etc.
- Order system is separately implemented in the administrative part of the delivery methods, discounts, bonuses and club cards modules.
- More than 8 payment methods.
- Team migration for the project within 3 working days.
- QA Manager induction to the teamwork for 2 weeks with a partially download for work synchronization with a distributed team and process optimization.
- Further independent activities of dedicated team with an internal team lead and customer’s manager.
- The administrative part of the portal: 1C-Bitrix.
- Bag- and task-tracking: Redmine.
- Cross-platform and cross-browser testing: VMWare Workstation 9.0.
- systematic conference call with the customer team: GoToMeeting, Skype.
- Databases: MySQL.
- Inspection of the source code of the project: FireBug.
- Work with the http-requests: TamperData, Fiddler2, Web-based console.
- Emulation of visits from different regions: ProxySwitcher 3.6.
The team has successfully participated in 2 three-month project releases, the new functionality is implemented and running smoothly with both Russian and English localization.
The number and criticality of defects from end users has decreased significantly.
The results of the testing conducted fully satisfy the customer, the cooperation has been going on at present.