You Made My Day (YMMD) – Testing mobile App for iPhone
- mobile development studio, USA
- Challenge:• The challenge for WebmartSoft team was to determine the quality level of the current version of the native application, along with the proposed incoming requests for testing.• Identify any defects to the already implemented, but unstabilized mobile application.• Within 1 month carry out the work to ensure a high level of product quality, developed within 6 months.• Carry out work on the final app acceptance to enter the App Store.
Types of testing:
- For Customer assessment of the quality of interaction and provided results as well as our employees expertise, obtaining all the necessary information about the quality level during the testing was performed.
- For WebmartSoft the analysis of the current quality level of the application, building further testing strategy, providing test data, test plan and the necessary documentation was accomplished.
Mobile apps testing
Full cycle of quality assurance
Mobile application for the iPhone, which collects information about contacts from user’s address book and social networks, following which the user can see birthdays data in the calendar.
The contact information is stored in the cloud, allowing users with little effort to obtain the necessary information by just passing authorization on any device.
The app has an upcoming birthday reminding feature and gives an opportunity to send your own message or template via the social network, SMS or e-mail. The user can also record and send a voice message, as well as create the graphic birthday card for the birthday person.
With the statistics feature the user can gain the number of his or her friends that were born in selected month or under a specified zodiac sign. Furthermore, there is an opportunity to personalize the app by changing the themes.
Additional features become available after in-app purchase.
To guarantee the app cross-platform support, WebmartSoft team used devices from its fleet: iPod 4th Gen, iPhone 4, iPhone 5. iOS 6 and iOS 7 were chosen as the operational systems. The latter one was released when the testing procedure of YMMD app was on its final stage. This way, the app was adopted to use on a new OS.
The bug tracking system Atlassian Jira v6, deployed on a Customer side, was used for tracking and debugging purposes.
iPhone Configuration Utility 3.6.2 and Crashlytics were used to follow the system events and errors of the tested iOS application.
iCloud was used as a storage of input-output testing results. To deliver the testing packages, testflightapp.com web-service was used.
App Review App Review Guidelines and iOS Human Interface Guideline were used while testing as the acceptance standards for mobile apps to enter App Store and as the guidelines to ensure the usability of developed app.
- Total allocated budget on quality assurance is $1500.
- Project was finished in time with the highest quality level.
- The app was accepted by Apple Committee and now available in App Store
- This app is optimized for use on mobile devices of different generations and OS versions, including iPhone 5S iOS 7.