Development and Testing of Apparel Online Store
Interaction model: Time & Material
Product type: online store
Project Description: development and testing of an online store that allows the user to search, browse and purchase products of specific brand. The website offers extensive search of the necessary products in addition to the "live" filter functionality (filter positions are based only on the availability of goods related to the filter).
- Prepare a detailed assessment of activities in order to achieve goals and meet the requirements;
- Perform quality assurance of online store functionality;
- Provide quality assurance of the back-end (store management, tracking user activity and filling with content);
- Ensure stable operation of the product at the target and peak load (perform load and performance testing);
- Ensure correspondence of the functionality to the usability criteria (perform usability testing);
- Ensure compliance with safety web application security standards.
We implemented a detailed search functionality on the website with a variety of parameters, as well as ordering system with various delivery services (automatic calculator) and payment systems, accompanied by integration with such social services as facebook, twitter, google +, etc.
Types of testing performed on the project: functional and regression testing, gui and usability-testing, compatibility testing, uat-testing, localization testing, security testing.
Tools and technologies
- Version control system: git;
- Website management: 1c-bitrix;
- Automatic detection of broken links on the website: Xenu's link checker;
- Inspection of the portal source code: firebug;
- Cross-browser testing: VMWare workstation 9.0;
- Bug tracking system: Redmine.